none
Search stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• Environment: Sharepoint 2013. 

Search only works on the default URL after installing KB4475522,KB4475527 . We have internet URL where it is not working . I found that it is known issue in SP 2016

https://www.adscon.com/sites/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=63

But as I am on SharePoint 2013 please help with a solution. 

@R

• Edited by youlearn Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:43 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:27 PM

All replies

• Hi youlearn,

I haven't found an official document to explain the problems you've encountered since this update.

I suggest you re-create the search service

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:51 AM
  • hello , 

I am unable to delete the search application . Please see the error below . 

Remove-SPServiceApplication : An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action. The object SearchServiceApplication Name=Search Service Application was updated by
    Domain\spconfig, in the OWSTIMER (7492) process, on machine servername.  View the tracing log for more information about the conflict.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Remove-SPServiceApplication $spapp -RemoveData

Any ideas please

@R

Sunday, August 18, 2019 3:12 PM
  • Hello Itch, 

I thought you replied to my post with suggestions to delete cache but I don't see reply anymore in this thread. I wonder how it got deleted. 

Anyway I was able to delete the search service application by clearing the cache . Now when I create a new search application it is not creating search service application proxy . I tried creating with central admin and power shell but still does not creating proxy . I used the power shell from https://www.toddklindt.com/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=378 and per script it does say 

PS D:\> .\createsearch.ps1
    Starting Search Service Instances...
    Creating Search Service Application and Proxy...
    Configuring Search Component Topology...

And the script succeeds but when I looking at service application in the central admin search service application proxy is not there.  Of course search is not working 

Any ideas what might be going on here 

Thank you

@R

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 3:33 PM
  • Hi youlearn,

You can refer to this similar situation for situations where search does not work properly on the Internet URL:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/179156/search-not-working-on-aam-url

You can check uls log to see if there is any relevant error information

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, August 23, 2019 9:50 AM