none
InfoPath 2013: InfoPath cannot load the view. The view may have been modified to contain unsupported HTML such as frames.

Question

• Hello Folks,

I'm facing a strange behavior of InfoPath 2013 while using with SharePoint Designer 2013 to customize the forms. Whenever i open any SharePoint form to customize it in InfoPath 2013, it gives me error "InfoPath cannot load the view. The view may have been modified to contain unsupported HTML such as frames."

Just like all other folks, i also assumed that the forms are corrupted and i need to change the extension to *.cab and blah blah blah. But, when i noticed that the error is coming with new list forms, new workflow forms as well then i tried to research on the issue. Surprisingly, all forms are opening on my colleague's PC but not from my PC. We're using the same server, same SharePoint Production, same SharePoint Development and similar InfoPath. Infact, our system team has prepared both of us in a similar way. The only difference is OS, where he is using Win 8 and mine is Win 7 Pro.

Therefore, from last 1 week, i've to swap my PC with my colleague if i've to customize or update any form in InfoPath 2013. This is quite bizarre. Can someone let me know what's wrong with this issue?

Regards,

Sohaib

Sohaib Khan

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Sohaib,

Since the issue has been narrowed down to the client side, you could try uninstall InfoPath and re-install InfoPath, then test the issue again.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 04, 2014 11:29 AM
  • Thanks Rebecca for your response.

I've reinstalled the InfoPath but it doesn't work as well.

Sohaib Khan

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 5:07 AM
  • Hi Sohaib,

I'd like to double confirm with you that the issue only occurs to your client machine. Please log on to another machine and see if the issue is related to your account.

If the issue is only related to your machine, I'd recommend you clear InfoPath cache and repair Office program.

Then go to InfoPath > Options > More Options > General > Internet Options > Add SharePoint sites to your trusted sites and disbale protected mode.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/michael_yeager/archive/2008/07/09/infopath-cache.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/infopath-help/repair-office-programs-HA010357402.aspx

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Rebecca Tu Monday, September 15, 2014 8:15 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sohaib Khan Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:27 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:05 AM
  • This sprang up today on multiple customer devices... it is thought that a recent update might be the driver, but hasn't been confirmed as of yet. The impact here is seen to affect Win 7 OS with Office 2010.

However odd the fix might be, or seen as a longshot... it has worked on each instance of the problem. If able, set the "Tablet PC Input" service to Disabled, or to Manual (awareness of starting/stopping the service is needed) as required.

NOTE: Turning off and disabling services depends on the organizational and device requirements.  

It appears the Pen and Ink controls are now impacting the rendering of some of the more sophisticated forms.

Regards,

Matt G

• Proposed as answer by Matt Gee Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:52 PM
    • Edited by Matt Gee Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:55 PM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:52 PM
  • interesting,

same view works when I uninstall IE11 and install IE8 and opens the same list and same view in that. ..

again i uninstalled IE11 same view does not working. 

how IE installation depends on opening those views on InfoPath?

guru

Thursday, November 05, 2015 9:34 PM
  • However odd the fix might be, or seen as a longshot... it has worked on each instance of the problem. If able, set the "Tablet PC Input" service to Disabled, or to Manual (awareness of starting/stopping the service is needed) as required.

Confirming this just worked for me when trying to open a form in InfoPath Designer 2013. 

Thursday, April 07, 2016 3:06 AM