none
Landing page based on the user group. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to set up different landing page for different user group. i.e. user1 from group abc sign in to sharepoint, this user should be landed on abc.aspx  and  user2 from group zxc sign in to sharepoint, this user should be landed on zxc.aspx.

Lastly user from abc group should not able to see the page zxc.aspx and vice-versa.

How this can be achieved.

Thanks in advance..

Ravi Katariya

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Develop a webpart that will check the current user group and redirect to the appropriate page.

Then add that webapart to the default page. So when user will login and will be redirected to the default page, the webaprt in default will redirect to user-specific landing page.

Thanks,
    Sohel Rana
    http://ranaictiu-technicalblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I want to set up different landing page for different user group. i.e. user1 from group abc sign in to sharepoint, this user should be landed on abc.aspx  and  user2 from group zxc sign in to sharepoint, this user should be landed on zxc.aspx.

Lastly user from abc group should not able to see the page zxc.aspx and vice-versa.

How this can be achieved.

Thanks in advance..

Ravi Katariya

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:09 AM
  • What is the authentication mode that you are using in portal?

If it's windows then you can use the welcome page and based on the user logic redirect him to respective page. For group level security you can implement item level permission on respective group page.

If it's form authentication, then you can override the login control event to redirect the user to respective page.

pankaj

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:26 AM
  • Hi,

Develop a webpart that will check the current user group and redirect to the appropriate page.

Then add that webapart to the default page. So when user will login and will be redirected to the default page, the webaprt in default will redirect to user-specific landing page.

Thanks,
    Sohel Rana
    http://ranaictiu-technicalblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:03 AM
  • Hi Ravi,

If Sohel's reply helps you, please mark the reply as answer to close this case.

Thanks,       

Patrick Liang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 12, 2015 9:56 AM