none
I need 3 textbox on a single connector line object, instead of one RRS feed

• Question

• Folks please do not suggest to group 2 more textboxes with a connector, because that doesn't have yellow handles and it's not the same thing as the textbox that comes by defaultwith the connector object because you can't ungroup the connector and that default text box that it comes with, I am looking for the same thing.

tiny-img.com/uploads/optimizer/optimized/04/08/f9c3477a362c4141acb875398e640472/opt_image001.png

I managed to just add another yellow handle, but I couldn't add one more text box, please tell me how it's done, thanks

tiny-img.com/uploads/optimizer/optimized/04/08/f9c3477a362c4141acb875398e640472/opt_image002.png

• Edited by Lord Arthas Wednesday, April 8, 2020 4:52 AM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2020 4:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to the blog: Where's my text control handle?, there are some ways to create control handle. You can follow it and have a check. There is a tempate file of Visio drawing to add text control handle mentioned in the blog. 

Any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 9:09 AM
  • please open the images I included, my connector comes with a handle, I need to add two more textboxes to the same connector with handles....
    Wednesday, April 8, 2020 3:26 PM
  • May be my links can be more helpful:

Link for download example

SMS Visio Utilities addin

Insert shape data values in sub-shape text

Just now i have not visio at my side, these links are mentioned few years ago in thread if Russian Visio Forum

Thursday, April 9, 2020 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 6:56 AM
  • I can not see the images. 

A shape can have only one text block, if you want more then the shape has to be a group shape. So, when several text blocks are grouped together, Visio creates a new shape (the group shape) that controls the member shapes. To add the yellow control handles, that should be added to the group shape and references to the control handles should be added to the member shapes. Since these will be cross shape references they should look like

Sheet.5!Control.name.x

John...

John... the original Visio MVP (since 1993) Visio.MVPs.org

Friday, June 19, 2020 3:37 PM