none
Hide Custom Field in a Form using Visual Studio Editor RRS feed

• Question

• First and foremost, I do not know exactly where to post this, so I apologize if this is the incorrect forum category.

I am currently working on building a custom form through Outlook 2016, with a few drop down boxes. My goal is to allow the user to select something in the first drop down, and then set a second drop down's visibility to "true". This way the second drop down is hidden until after the user makes their first selection. The end goal is to have different drop downs appear based on the user's initial selection.

The specific issue that I am having is that when I click the Developer tab in the ribbon, and then click Visual Studio Editor(which is what most posts online seem to direct me into doing), it does not appear to open an editor that allows me to connect my code to the form I built inside of Outlook.

Do I need to build my form within the VS Editor itself, or am I doing something wrong somewhere else along the way?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

James

Friday, November 3, 2017 3:09 PM

All replies

• The only way I think that is possible is by using code, however, it got disabled.

As someone Answered me in a recent post

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Custom-form-script-is-now-disabled-by-default-bd8ea308-733f-4728-bfcc-d7cce0120e94

There you can see how to fix it, but it didn't work for me.

Friday, November 3, 2017 7:12 PM
  • Hello James,

There is no Visual Studio Editor, I think you are referring to Visual Basic Editor.

To customize form, the code should be written in Script Editor:

To open the Script Editor, please go to Developer tab -> Form group ->View Code

As xlordjorox said, there is a known issue to run custom form script. I suggest you update your Office to latest version and then follow the link to create the registry keys to re-enable it.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 6, 2017 2:41 AM
  • The only way I think that is possible is by using code, however, it got disabled.

As someone Answered me in a recent post

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Custom-form-script-is-now-disabled-by-default-bd8ea308-733f-4728-bfcc-d7cce0120e94

There you can see how to fix it, but it didn't work for me.

Hello,

I suggest you re-open your thread to discuss the issue.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 6, 2017 2:45 AM