none
Using SPD 2013 workflow to check if task is complete RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to get to see if a task on a task on a task list is completed - if yes, workflow status shows a custom string if not another string.  Cannot get this right - workflow status shows suspended on Sharepoint.  Here is the code:

Stage:Check for task completion
        If Current Item:Completed equals Yes
            Set Workflow Status to This task is completed
        Else
            Set Workflow Status to This task is NOT completed
    Transition to stage
        Go to End of Workflow

What am I doing wrong?

Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you want to check if a task is complete using SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow.

I try to reproduce the issue, creating a workflow relation to workflow tasks.

If the task is completed, workflow status will display ‘This task is completed’; else, workflow status will display ‘This task is NOT completed’

I suggest you to change the condition to ‘If Current Item:Status equals Completed’ , then workflow status will display correctly on SharePoint.

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Friday, August 16, 2013 2:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that you want to check if a task is complete using SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow.

I try to reproduce the issue, creating a workflow relation to workflow tasks.

If the task is completed, workflow status will display ‘This task is completed’; else, workflow status will display ‘This task is NOT completed’

I suggest you to change the condition to ‘If Current Item:Status equals Completed’ , then workflow status will display correctly on SharePoint.

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Friday, August 16, 2013 2:48 AM
  • Thank you!  This accomplished what I wanted.

I have a few questions about builder though to understand where I went wrong.  As far as I understand it from reading and watching youtube video's, builder gives you the items fields and possible values they can include.  When I look at the task item, if the completed tick box is checked, its completed, if not then not completed.  When I chose this field, builder gave me values of yes/no.  I could have chosen the item status field, however, in my mind any field item, as long as I have the right value attributed, should work. 

Why did my workflow not work?

Thanks once again!

Friday, August 16, 2013 5:21 AM