none
what is opposite of "Register-SPWorkflowService"???

Question

• I can't believe I have to ask this (because either it's not documented or doesn't exist)...

What is the PS command to remove/delete/unregister an SPWorkflowService entry?

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 9:50 PM

Answers

• Chris,

Turns out you have to reboot any web tier on which you've installed workflow manager client otherwise it won't work (won't have option to choose SP2013 workflow from web sites hosted on web tier from designer).

Now, all I have to do is figure out why I can't create a workflow that only sends an email without the workflow having an error in it...

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:27 PM

All replies

• First question, why do you want to remove it?

Second, have you gone into central admin and tried to simply delete the workflow service application?

Chris

Chris Givens CEO, Architecting Connected Systems Blog Twitter

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 12:23 AM
  • Hi Chris,

I want to remove it because after installing workflow manager 1.0 (no errors observed during install or post install in event logs...) on an app tier instance and installing WF client on my web tier, it simply doesn't work (I don't see a Workflow 2013 option in designer when opening a site on my web tier).

I've run through the troubleshooting documentation (and plan on doing it again today) but I'm running out of options to "start over" but since I've been unable to determine why this won't work, I may inadvertently be following Einstein's definition of insanity (doing same thing twice expecting different results).

I didn't delete the workflow service WCF endpoint because I cannot conceive of this being the proper way of removing a binding between SP and a WF manager farm.  Tantamount to using a sledgehammer to insert a tack perhaps?  Honestly, I can't imagine why Register-SPWorkflowService was ever made available without a Remove-SPWorkflowService which is why I submitted this post as there doesn't seem to be any documentation explaining what to do in these circumstances or why the ability to remove these configurations was never provided by MS (or how to do it at all or if you can't, why you can't and what you should do instead).

Thanks!

Paul

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:59 PM
  • Chris,

Turns out you have to reboot any web tier on which you've installed workflow manager client otherwise it won't work (won't have option to choose SP2013 workflow from web sites hosted on web tier from designer).

Now, all I have to do is figure out why I can't create a workflow that only sends an email without the workflow having an error in it...

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:27 PM
  • Hi,

Since your workflow manger is working now, i will close this post. If you have any more questions about SharePoint 2013 workflow, please create a new question in SharePoint 203-Using SharePoint designer, InfoPath and other customization forum:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointcustomization/threads

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:46 AM
  • Hi Entan,

My workflow is working but my question has NOT been answered.  How do you removed a binding to a instance of workflow manager from SharePoint 2013 (or my original question - what is the opposite command of "Register-SPWorkflowService"?)

someone should be able to answer this.

Thanks!

Paul

Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:02 PM
  • The closest I've been able to find is to run the Register-SPWorkflowService command with the -Force parameter. That at least allows you to change the workflow registration for a site collection.  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj663115.aspx

HTH

-Eugene Rosenfeld
     http://www.blackbladeinc.com

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:37 PM
  • Deleting the 'Workflow Service Application Proxy' in the Service Applications list on Central Administration works for me.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:46 AM
  • Uninstalling WF manager, deleting the DBs, and deleting the Workflow Service Application Proxy worked for me!! Thanks! My problem was I couldn't access the WF page to manually start a WF.

The cause of my problem was that we migrated from SP2007 to 2013 using a tool. It seems that the new WF manager in 2013 just can't be "turned on" when you have 2007 workflows in your instance because (theory here) the WF definitions are not in the WF manager database. The workflows still work, you just can't access the page to manually start them. I'll have to see if there is a way to install WF Manager and still have backwards comparability with 2007 workflows.

• Edited by steve-areeno Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:14 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:39 PM