none
Unable to open SharePoint online documents in local client from chrome and firefox browsers RRS feed

• Question

• I have also enabled "Open Documents in Client Applications by Default" in the Site collection features and Library Settings even tried switching it from "Open in the client application" to "Use the server default (Open in the client application)" but this hasn't changed anything but everthing working fine for I.E and Edge

Client Need classic experience

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Sai Viswanath,

To troubleshoot this issue, you can follow these steps:

1.If you are using Chrome, the cause could be the Netscape Plugin API (NPAPI) support is disabled.

2.Is this the case for other users?

Check the version of Chrome and Firefox in these machines. the versions in non-working machine and working machine would be different.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Hi

I am checking your situation here.

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 8:40 AM