none
Sharepoint on premises Provider hosted apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a Provider-Hosted App for sharepoint On Premises in Visual Studio. Everything is working. In last when I'm adding to any site from app catalog, it is showing error. Please help me on this.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 10:33 AM

All replies

• Provider hosted apps have two parts.  The SharePoint portion of the project, which is deployed when you deploy the .app file to the app catalog, and the provider web site.  In Visual Studio by default the provider site is hosted by Visual Studio's internal web server.  That Web site needs to be deployed separately from the app and the app configuration needs to be updated to point to that location.  I suspect you are only deploying essentially half the app.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:19 AM
  • That I have done. After completes that step, I uploaded in App catalog. After that I'm trying to consume the app in another site. that time I'm getting the error.
    Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:32 AM
  • Use ULS log files to find error information.
    Without it, it's very hard to understand a problem.

[custom.development]

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 12:00 PM
  • did you change the address of the RemoteWeb to in the AppManifest.xml file to point to the externally deployed web site?  if not then the .APP file you are uploading is still trying to point to the address inside Visual Studio.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:08 AM
  • Did you register the app principal with SharePoint for the provider hosted app post deployment? What's the error you see? When do you see this error (when installing the app or you don't even get to see the "trust it" button in the first place)? There's so little information presented. It will be great if more information is provided.

These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 1:54 AM
  • Now the issue is am able to add the app into another site.  But after adding the app and when we are clicking the App it is showing "The page can't be displayed" error.
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 5:52 AM
  • How To create remote web for Apps?
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 6:37 AM
  • Can anybody pls let me know how can we create a provider hosted app. With all the details and information. Which we can understand easily for on premises.
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 5:20 AM
  • When I'm trying to the app I'm getting an error now:

the specified application identifier * is invalid or does not exist

Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:00 AM
  • please help me on this

Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:24 AM