none
deploy Event receiver to another server with powershell RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am creating one solution package which contains an event receiver for list.

When I am developing on my dev machine and set as : "default activation : true", it works fine.(Gets added automatically, changes appears and all things works fine.)(Scope of solution is "web")

When trying to install that solution package into another server with powershell commands, it gets installed properly but feature do not get activated automatically and when trying to activate manually, it pop up error.

Below is the powershell commands:

Add-SPSolution -LiteralPath $PWD"\"$WspName
    Install-SPSolution -Identity $WspName -WebApplication $rootUrl -GACDeployment -Confirm:$false

Please advice, how to proceed.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Jayashri

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 2:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Jayashri,

What is the error message it pops out?

Please try create a new project contains an Event Receiver without any customization, package it and do the test again to see if the issue persists.

For such solution package with feature scope is “Web”, you will need to install and enable the feature in the script, though it is set as “default activation : true”.

More info about how to enable a feature about the solution is installed:

https://sharepointgroup.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/activating-and-deactivating-features-with-powershell/

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Jayashri10 Monday, April 10, 2017 10:14 AM
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Jayashri,

What is the error message it pops out?

Please try create a new project contains an Event Receiver without any customization, package it and do the test again to see if the issue persists.

For such solution package with feature scope is “Web”, you will need to install and enable the feature in the script, though it is set as “default activation : true”.

More info about how to enable a feature about the solution is installed:

https://sharepointgroup.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/activating-and-deactivating-features-with-powershell/

Best regards,

Patrick

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Jayashri10 Monday, April 10, 2017 10:14 AM
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 6:39 AM
  • Hi Jayashri,

Just want to know if my reply helps you?

Best regards,

Patrick

Monday, April 10, 2017 6:45 AM
  • Hey,

Sorry for late reply.

Yes it helped me. 

Thank you for your help.

Monday, April 10, 2017 10:14 AM