none
Unable to modify installation Component.323dd7b4-e732-4b4a-89af-7a3ae9ca5f8a,version=19.0 cannot be found RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to repair or remove/reinstall VS enterprise because the component cannot be found.

I really need to do something because MS_Test is failing to behave correctly.

Any advice where I could download the missing component and install it so that VS Installer will properly function?

The log report is copied below.

Very Respectfully,

Mark D. Henning

[4edc:0003][2019-12-04T12:29:06] Error 0x80131500: The dependent package of 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Product.Enterprise,version=15.9.28307.905' cannot be found: Component.323dd7b4-e732-4b4a-89af-7a3ae9ca5f8a,version=19.0.

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Dependencies.DependencyManager.FindDependentPackages(Dependency dependency, DependencyComparer comparer, Dictionary`2 packageIndex, IPackage holder)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Dependencies.DependencyManager.BuildGraphRecursive(IPackage graphRoot, DependencyNode node, DependencyComparer comparer, Dictionary`2 packageIndex, Dictionary`2 nodeIndex, Boolean splitNodes)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Dependencies.DependencyManager.BuildGraphCore(IPackage root, IEnumerable`1 packages, DependencyComparer comparer, Dictionary`2 packageIndex, Dictionary`2 nodeIndex, Boolean splitNodes, DependencyCollection deprecated)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Dependencies.DependencyManager.BuildGraph(IPackage root, IEnumerable`1 packages, Boolean isUpdate, IDependencyComparisonSeed seed, DependencyCollection deprecated)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.GetDependencyGraph(Product product)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.TryBuildDependencyGraph(Product product, Exception& error, Boolean overwrite, ITelemetryOperation telemetryOperation)
    [4edc:0003][2019-12-04T12:29:06] Error 0x80131500: The dependent package of 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Product.Enterprise,version=15.9.28307.905' cannot be found: Component.323dd7b4-e732-4b4a-89af-7a3ae9ca5f8a,version=19.0.
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.CreateInstallOperation(Product product, String destination, ExecuteAction action, ITelemetryOperation telemetryOperation)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.Repair(CancellationToken token)

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 6:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark D. Henning,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description and uploaded log,

>> Error 0x80131500: The dependent package of 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Product.Enterprise,version=15.9.28307.905' cannot be found: Component.323dd7b4-e732-4b4a-89af-7a3ae9ca5f8a,version=19.0.

## My best guess is that your files managing installation are corrupted. I suggest you could have a try with the following steps:

#1. Please run the InstallCleanup.exe under the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\layout , which could help to remove your Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise.

#2. If you couldn’t find it,  please manually delete the file: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer” and “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise”.

#3. Then, please re-download and install the VS2017 Enterprise again.

BTW, If the issue persists, I need your help to collect more installation logs. Please download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link in here. Please clean up the personal information like Cookies and Password before you share your log.

Thanks for your understanding and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:01 AM
  • Hi Mark D. Henning,

Sorry to bother you.

Did you have any update? I have searched the official documents but this component doesn’t  seem to be mentioned.

I think the best way to solve this issue is to uninstall the VS and reinstall again. Since you could not uninstall/repair VS, not sure if you try to uninstall VS in Visual Studio Installer, I suggest you could try to go to Control Panel -> Find Visual Studio -> right-click it and  Uninstall. (I guess there are something wrong with VS download cache file or _instance folder)

Anna also provides a good way to uninstall it and you could refer to it.

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 8:20 AM
  • Hi Mark D. Henning,

Did the Anna's and tianyu's suggestions work for you?

About running InstallCleanup.exe, you could run the CMD as administrator, then type the command "InstallCleanup.exe –full", then re-install visual studio.

In addition, we recommend you could also download and run the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter, then re-repair or uninstall your visual studio.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 6, 2019 10:02 AM
  • Hi Mark D. Henning

Sorry to disturb you.

Did you still have this issue following our steps?

If your issue still persists, please feel free to let us know.

We are willing to help you further.

Best Regards,

Anna

Friday, December 6, 2019 11:19 AM