Trying to set up Sharepoint workflow service application - Sharepoint 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to set up sharepoint workflow service application, for this i need to install the prerequisite, sql powershell tools, but I am keep getting, missing windows powershell, install it and retry, on Windows server 2012 R2. I see that there is already powershell installed with version 4.0. how do i fix this issue?

Thanks

yes

Thursday, December 7, 2017 4:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Niru1,

Web Platform Installer checks for the following prerequisites before it installs Workflow, and it automatically installs any prerequisites that it does not find. You do not need to install any prerequisites separately.

• .NET Framework 4 Platform Update 3 or .NET Framework 4.5
    • Service Bus 1.0
    • Workflow Client 1.0
    • PowerShell 3.0

How did you install Workflow Manager?

Please use web platform installer to install “Workflow Manager 1.0 Refresh”. 

Installation of Workflow Manager for SharePoint 2016 step by step for you reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/34407.sharepoint-2016-step-by-step-installation-of-workflow-manager.aspx

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Dean_Wang Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niru1 Friday, December 15, 2017 11:41 PM
    Friday, December 8, 2017 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Niru1,

Web Platform Installer checks for the following prerequisites before it installs Workflow, and it automatically installs any prerequisites that it does not find. You do not need to install any prerequisites separately.

• .NET Framework 4 Platform Update 3 or .NET Framework 4.5
    • Service Bus 1.0
    • Workflow Client 1.0
    • PowerShell 3.0

How did you install Workflow Manager?

Please use web platform installer to install “Workflow Manager 1.0 Refresh”. 

Installation of Workflow Manager for SharePoint 2016 step by step for you reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/34407.sharepoint-2016-step-by-step-installation-of-workflow-manager.aspx

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Dean_Wang Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niru1 Friday, December 15, 2017 11:41 PM
    Friday, December 8, 2017 6:39 AM
  • Thanks Linda Zhang, this help me to move forward with my issue.

yes

Friday, December 15, 2017 11:42 PM