Access 2007 Report displays #Name instead of page number RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a report that was working fine, but recently has been having a problem displaying the page numbers (displays #Name instead).  I've got other reports that still work fine. I've copied the expression from the working report to the report that isn't working and it fixed the problem until the database is closed and reopened, then the report has the same problem again. I've seen another post that describes the exact same problem (here's the link: http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/972878-access-2007-page-numbering-error.html). Any idea what is going on? Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:08 PM

Answers

• Assuming Compact/Repair does not fix the problem:
    1. Check to make sure you are not missing any references
    2. With the report closed press ctl-g to get to the immediate window and use SaveAsText to export the bad report and LoadAsText to bring it back in.
    3. If (1) and (2) don't fix the problem try creating a new database, add all of the references you need and import all of the objects from the old database.

Please advise if any of the above helps.

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Monday, March 28, 2011 9:58 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:14 PM

All replies

• Assuming Compact/Repair does not fix the problem:
    1. Check to make sure you are not missing any references
    2. With the report closed press ctl-g to get to the immediate window and use SaveAsText to export the bad report and LoadAsText to bring it back in.
    3. If (1) and (2) don't fix the problem try creating a new database, add all of the references you need and import all of the objects from the old database.

Please advise if any of the above helps.

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Monday, March 28, 2011 9:58 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:14 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Have you resolved your problem yet? Does the suggestion work for you or not? If you still show any concern on your problem, just feel free to follow up.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 18, 2011 9:39 AM