none
only project owners or administrators can add or delete tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Project Professional 2010 has "1.Start Date & 2.Due Date"   Plus    "3.Actual start Date & 4.Actual finish Date".
    Here Gantt view is controlled by changing any of the above 4 field values.

But,in
    SharePoint 2010 Project Task List :
    "Start Date & Due Date" by default.
    But Here if startDate is changed, the  Actual start Date field does not changes. 
    also if DueDate is changed, the  Actual End Date  does not changes.

Poblem: My user wants : 1.Suggested start Date, 2.suggested End Date, 3.Actual Start Date, 4.Actual End date.
    So how can gantt view time line is sync with Actual start date & Actual end Date as like in Proj Professional 2010.

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to automatically change the Start Date and End Date Values when Actual Start and Actual End Date changes, you can write an SPD workflow to do that on item changed or item created

Use "Set Field in Current Item" action.

If you edit the view, you can see that the Gantt Columns setting takes start date and due date by default. You can edit this to work with Actual Start Date and Actual End Date instead.

-Kranthi

Monday, August 27, 2012 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

While syncing mpp file to task list we can map columns in the file to columns in the task list. Create these 2 columns in the task list and map these columns to the mpp columns and then do the sync.

-Kranthi

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

I did this,
    Also,i changed the view and display these fields in AllItemsView.

But, When I changed the "Actual start date" the "start date" doesnot changes.
    This is what i am asking ??
    Becoz gantt view line is working with "start date" only. not "Actua start date"

Thanks a lot

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:44 AM
  • Hi,

If you want to automatically change the Start Date and End Date Values when Actual Start and Actual End Date changes, you can write an SPD workflow to do that on item changed or item created

Use "Set Field in Current Item" action.

If you edit the view, you can see that the Gantt Columns setting takes start date and due date by default. You can edit this to work with Actual Start Date and Actual End Date instead.

-Kranthi

Monday, August 27, 2012 12:39 PM