none
Schedule email notification in Provider Hosted app built on MVC 5 C# application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my SharePoint 2013 on premise Provider Hosted app built on MVC 5 (C#), I am sending email notification on different action taken by the users. Now, I need to schedule some email notification to be sent 7 days after create date or so. I have no idea how to do it.

Could someone please share some idea on this?

Thanks in advance.
    Friday, November 8, 2019 6:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We can create a console application for the provider hosted application (Remote IIS server) to send email notification, then using a scheduler task run the console application to achieve this requirement.

The following article for your reference.

SharePoint 2013 Provider Hosted App Timer job

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, November 11, 2019 3:03 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the link you shared. 

Could you please explain a bit more about the solution? I mean, how can I connect it to my existing field values to trigger. For example, if today is 7 days earlier than project end date, the email will trigger and so. Any example will help me understand it well.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

In console application, we can use CSOM C# code to access SharePoint content.

The following article for your reference.

Complete basic operations using SharePoint client library code

Best regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 15, 2019 9:46 AM