none
SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow

Question

• I have created a calendar in SharePoint 2013 and customized it with columns: Trailer Number, Truck Number and Service Type, each items has a drop down menu.  I am trying to create a workflow for when someone select's "PM DUE" from the Service Type drop down menu, it will automatically place in the calendar the next time PM service is due on that truck or trailer number, 28 days later on the calendar.

Thank You!

Monday, July 13, 2015 5:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Use Sharepoint designer 2013

attach a workflow to your list,

start if and check if the [ServiceType] column is PM DUE -fill the needed column with value

Let me know if you need a real example

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 2:31 PM
  • Thank you for the feedback. I am in SharePoint Designer, created a new List work flow for my calendar, but am still a bit confused. Do you mind giving me a real example please. Thanks you!!
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:10 PM
  • Hi

to recap

you need a calendar list with one column, numeric one : [ TrailerNumber], the second one as a choice column [ServiceType]

If value in [ServiceType]="PM DUE" then a new column , let's name it [EVENT_Calculated] will be equal to current item's event date + TrailerNumber

Please confirm if so, to provide tou the solution

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

• Edited by romeo donca Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:35 PM spell errors
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:30 PM
  • If this is the real scenario, check my real example ( without SharePoint Designer, an easiest way using calculated columns )

http://www.romeodonca.ro/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=3fd2dd39-fa51-4aee-a0fc-154d9cc92d36&ID=141&ContentTypeId=0x0110009F1363098627144DB6C0FBD7FAA40365

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:05 PM