none
SharePoint designer workflow set list item permission generate unkown SharePoint Group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I use SharePoint Designer 2013 create a SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow to set the list item premission as below:

- Replace "View Only" permission to "EveryOne"

- Remove "Contribute, Design, Edit, Full Control, Read, View Only" permission to EveryOn

- Add "Read" permission to "item Created by"

- Add "Read, Edit" permission to "item Reviewer"

- Add "Full Control" permission to "Admin User"

When the workflow end, SharePoint generate some unkown SharePoint Group as below:

Why does generate these unknown SharePoint Group? Any idea to improve the problem?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 3:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have tested in my environment. I created a same workflow and it works fine.

Do any users in item viewers only have permission to access the site?

Do these problematical groups contain users? Which users?

Please try to run the steps in the designer workflow one by one to figure out that which step causes the issue.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, March 26, 2016 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi

I think it was caused by permission edit activity.

you may try removing those activities and rerun the wf to see if the problem insist occuring.

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:31 AM
  • Hi,

I have tested in my environment. I created a same workflow and it works fine.

Please try to run the steps in the designer workflow one by one to figure out that which step causes the issue.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, March 26, 2016 6:04 AM
  • Hi,

( The user have permission to access the site )

( Some group contain users, some group not contain user)

( In [Replace "View Only" permission to "EveryOne"] , [Add "Read" permission to "item Created by"] and [Add "Read, Edit" permission to "item Reviewer"] will generate some unknown SharePoint Group.)

Moreover, I find that when I create list item manually to trigger the workflow, it is just generate "XXX workflow user" Group. But when I use JavaScript CSOM to create 5 list item as same time. It will generate 5 problematical groups.

Can I assume that since list item are created by JavaScript CSOM, as the same time multiple workflows are triggered. So some workflow will generate problematical groups?

Thursday, April 7, 2016 7:22 AM
  • Any recommendation for this issue?

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:58 AM