Breadcrumbs (horizontal) in SP Foundation 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have done this on severall O365 sites but now in in a on Premise Foundation 2013.

I have managed to change for the SharePoint:PopoutMenu but the image is now shown, but the menu is working...

IconUrl="/_layouts/15/images/spcommon.png?rev=27"
      IconAlt="<%$Resources:wss,master_breadcrumbIconAlt%>"
      ThemeKey="v15breadcrumb"
      IconOffsetX="215"
      IconOffsetY="120"
      IconWidth="16"
      IconHeight="16"

The first thing is  that i would like to see the Icon, but even better would be to have a horizontal  bread crumb menu, tha is allways visible.

Anyone that have a solution for that?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:44 PM

Answers

• This is what I have in my master page on Foundation 2013 for horizontal breadcrumbs.  It should be able to be placed anywhere on the master page - I've had it in various locations (above toplink bar, at the top of the content placeholder, in the suite bar)

<SharePoint:AjaxDelta ID="deltabreadcrumbnav" runat="server">
       <div id="breadcrumbnavigation">
         <span class="breadcrumb-nav"> 
           <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolder" runat="server" >
             <asp:SiteMapPath SiteMapProvider="SPContentMapProvider" id="ContentMap" SkipLinkText="" runat="server"/>
           </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
         </span>
      </div>
    </SharePoint:AjaxDelta>

It outputs it in the format Site namesub-site name > list name sub-folder > etc...
    • Edited by kdcooke Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Patrick_Liang Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:59 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:38 PM

All replies

• This is what I have in my master page on Foundation 2013 for horizontal breadcrumbs.  It should be able to be placed anywhere on the master page - I've had it in various locations (above toplink bar, at the top of the content placeholder, in the suite bar)

<SharePoint:AjaxDelta ID="deltabreadcrumbnav" runat="server">
       <div id="breadcrumbnavigation">
         <span class="breadcrumb-nav"> 
           <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolder" runat="server" >
             <asp:SiteMapPath SiteMapProvider="SPContentMapProvider" id="ContentMap" SkipLinkText="" runat="server"/>
           </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
         </span>
      </div>
    </SharePoint:AjaxDelta>

It outputs it in the format Site namesub-site name > list name sub-folder > etc...
    • Edited by kdcooke Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Patrick_Liang Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:59 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:38 PM
  • Thank you for the code.  It works great.

How do you place the breadcrumb under the toplink bar?

Thanks

Brichardi05

Monday, December 8, 2014 8:41 PM
  • I fix the breadcrumb issue by placing the code in the mid section of the master page.

Thank you for all your help.

• Proposed as answer by Brichardi Wednesday, December 10, 2014 4:22 PM
    Wednesday, December 10, 2014 4:22 PM
  • I'm adding the above code to my master page but when trying to save the file i'm getting a message saying that:

This page contains a component that required different file extension to operate properly. You should rename this page with a file extension of ".aspx"

I rename the file but no luck, is there anything else that I have to do after renaming the file?

My Master pages  filenames are: seattle3.html and seattle3.master.

I'm editing the seattle3.html file.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 8:26 AM
  • When you get the "Save as .ASPX page" error, make sure to enclose the code in the proper tags used in masterpages. When editing the masterpage .html file which is used as the design file, you need to use extra tags around each line.

<!--SPM:<SharePoint:AjaxDelta ID="deltabreadcrumbnav" runat="server">--> <!--SPM:<div id="breadcrumbnavigation">--> <!--SPM:<span class="breadcrumb-nav">--> <!--SPM:<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolder" runat="server" >--> <!--SPM:<asp:SiteMapPath SiteMapProvider="SPContentMapProvider" id="ContentMap" SkipLinkText="" ParentLevelsDisplayed="-1" runat="server"/>--> <!--SPM:</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>--> <!--SPM:</span>--> <!--SPM:</div>--> <!--SPM:</SharePoint:AjaxDelta>-->

In my case I had to remove the last line (<!--SPM:</SharePoint:AjaxDelta>-->) to make the code work as the closing for this tag was already further on in the code.

• Edited by Frits Hendriks Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:12 AM additional explanation added
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:06 AM