none
About the Known Issue: Lync 2013 SDK fails to install when Skype for Business 2015 standalone client is present RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Three months passed from the announcement.  We should expect a solution instead of the workaround  

to uninstall S4B - install Lync - upgrade Lync to S4B   ?

I have Office2016 proplus subscription, and this workaround is problematic.

For the moment, I copy  manually the Lync 2013 SDK from our previous applications and referenced them in a common folder.

But there is another major problem. All these cumulative updates in S4B client,  later of July 2014(Lync SDK 2013)

are not included in the Lync SDK .  How it will influence our applications ?  

From my experience the Lync SDK  seems  to work normally (hopefully 100%) for  the model events subscriptions,

presence, 

in parallel with S4B , but if we would decided for  suppression mode,

I am afraid that we will have problems.

When to expect  a S4B Client SDK ?  any real  solution on this ?

Stefan

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:02 AM

All replies

• In Office2016  folders =>  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
    there are in zip , the Microsoft.Lync.Model.zip , Microsoft.Lync.Utilities.Controls.zip, Microsoft.Lync.Utilities.zip  .
    Extracting the files, they appear without extension. When  I added the extension of DLL, it appears that all these DLLs are  the  Microsoft Lync version 16.0.6001.1061 (Jan 27 2016).   
    The only dll missing is the .Net Wrapper  Microsoft.Office.Uc.dll.
    This appears in the same folder as  OcOffice.dll (same version number, Jan 28 2016)

Question:  Can we use the DLLs   for S4B  client  applications development  ?

Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:58 AM
  • Hi Stefan,

Indeed I tried, but I miss a reference to System.Windows.Browser.

Seems to be a Silverlight referenced assembly ... I didnt search more.

When I install S4B 2016 Basic or from an office 2016 installer my app is working fine unless for some API calls like forgetMe :

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/Lync/en-US/b2a51015-41b6-455f-8275-a5ba741d0d48/lync-sdk-2013-forgetme-throws-comexception?forum=ucmanagedsdk

While decompiling Microsoft.Office.Uc we can see some other interface with the weird patern InterfaceName2

I suspect only Office 2013 SP1 deploy those COM components and then we are completely screwed.

I hope I am wrong.

John

Warm Regards, Jonathan Muller -- GSX Monitor Project manager http://www.gsx.com Linkedin C++ Community Group Founder : http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=133720

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:44 AM
  • Hi Stefan, John

how would you go using that extracted-and-renamed DLL file in a project needing Lync SDK? Does that need to be put in some special directory? Should it overwrite the (older) ones installed by Lync 2013 SDK? Or is it enough to have it around locally to project and just point to that?

(Just to be clear, we only need the Microsoft.Lync.Model one, no controls nor utilities)

Thanks for any suggestion

Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:55 PM