none
Hide Item in a SharePoint List after selecting the item using InfoPath RRS feed

• Question

•             

Hello,

I am working on HelpDesk solution that utilize a SharePoint List customize with InfoPath.

This is InfoPath has data connection with two different List.

The main challenging issue I am facing is, this list has dropdown where a user select an Item.

After a user  selected this Item, I want to hide it so it wont be seen by another user to avoid duplications.

Example A. I have the following item in the SharePoint list where a user can select the following items from the dropdown TK101, TK102, and TK103. If TK101 is selected, I want to hide TK101 and the only two options should be displayed is TK102 and TK103 from the dropdown.

I hope the example makes it clear,

Thanks

Abenet

Monday, August 28, 2017 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Abenet,

Do you have solved your issue? Do you have any more problem about this issue? 

If you think the suggestions I provided is helpful, please mark it as an answer

Best Regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by NewET12345 Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:25 PM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 7:50 AM

All replies

• Just wondering if TK101 can be deleted from the source list once it is selected?? If a list called "Tickets" has all the ticket numbers and "Assignment" list has a data connection to "Tickets" List, you can have a workflow on "Assignment" list to delete the item in "Tickets" list.

• Edited by ViviSP Monday, August 28, 2017 8:17 PM
    Monday, August 28, 2017 8:17 PM
  • Hi Abenet,   

You can edit a column and select “YES” for option “enforce unique value” to avoid duplications. After doing this, you select TK101 for item A and when you want to select Tk101 for item B, it will prompt error to let you choose another option.

If you want to hide the values that have been used, as a workaround, you can use the method using the workflow and InfoPath. When the form is saved, you can run a workflow to mark the item which have been selected in the source list. And add filters to the dropdown in the InfoPath form to filter data that have not been selected.

For more details, follow the below steps.

(For example, I have list A and list C, list A has a column “title” with TK101,TK102,TK103, and also has a column “state”. List C has a lookup column “filed2” that create in InfoPath)

1. Create a workflow for list C, choose action “Update List Item” and click “this item” to modify this workflow.

2. Choose ‘List A’ for “List”, and click “Add”, add ‘state’ for “Field” and ‘selected’ for “Value”.

3. In “Find the List Item” section, choose ‘Title’ for “Field”. Click the second button on the right of  “Value” to open the “lookup for single line of text”. Choose 'Current Item' for "Data source" and 'field2' for "Field from source". 

4.Publish the workflow. And go to the InfoPath.

5. Right click the field2 list box in InfoPath and choose "Drop-Down List Box Properties". Click the button on the right of the "Entries" and click "Filter Data" to add filter for filtering data source(before you must select List A as the data connection to receive data from list A).

Click “OK”, and then click publish.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, September 1, 2017 6:12 AM
  • Hi Abenet,

Do you have solved your issue? Do you have any more problem about this issue? 

If you think the suggestions I provided is helpful, please mark it as an answer

Best Regards,

Allen Bai

• Marked as answer by NewET12345 Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:25 PM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 7:50 AM