none
Custom Commands in Skype for Business Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I recently noticed that adding custom commands to the registry doesn't seem to have any effect on the Skype for Business (Office 2016) client.

Our product extends the Lync 2010 & 2013 menus the way that is described here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412788

Moving the subkey to a place like this (corresponding to the tutorial above and considering Office 2016): HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\CustomCommands\...

doesn't seem to work.

So, was that feature removed? Or does the key have to be put to another place?

Thanks in advance for answers :)

Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:33 AM

All replies

• We have got the exact same problem. 

Looks like there is no documentation yet on how to add menus into Skype for Business client.

Anyone that has solved this issue yet?

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 4:59 AM
  • I am still looking into this, but if you add custom commands as mentioned in this blog I believe that should still work.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 6:17 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. But pretty sure that's a no go for SFB 2016. 
    Friday, February 12, 2016 3:33 AM
  • If this is a Click-to-Run version of the product, then it may be getting affected by the containerization.

It looks like for Click-to-Run versions of office the key can be created here (On a 32-bit version of office):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\SessionManager\Apps\

• Proposed as answer by Roland G29 Friday, March 17, 2017 9:44 PM
    Friday, February 26, 2016 10:50 PM
  • Hi Chris.

Thanks for the post! First time I am seeing this registry key. 

I can confirm that this works (SFB 2016 32-bit).

I am just really surprised, as this is the first time I am seeing this key. We had been looking for ages to solve this one.

Cheers. 

• Edited by stef1328 Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:57 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:57 PM
  • Normally WOW6432Node is for 64 Bit. In case no please provide the 64 bit registry location. I checked the registry there is no Lync under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0  Not getting the menu bars even after adding the settings to the above registry. Need your confirmation on this. Is there anything else that is required to be done?

Friday, March 31, 2017 7:25 AM
  • 64 bit is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\SessionManager\Apps\

You will likely need to create SessionManager and Apps along with your own ID key.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 6:13 PM
  • I am using Skype For Business 2016 on Windows 10 64 bit operating system. Not able to get the custom commands. Please advise.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:38 AM
  • I am using Skype For Business 2016 on Windows 10 64 bit operating system. Not able to get the custom commands. Please advise.
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 10:39 AM