none
The macros in this project are disabled. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have 2 Macros that work in other computers but in this computer they do not work.  The error message is: 

"The macros in this project are disabled.  Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros."

I looked at some of the documentation nothing worked.

In Outlook 2010 I went to :

>File>Options>Trust Center>Trust Center setting...>Macro Settings and Enabled All Macros

This did not fix any of the problems.  

Any Suggestions?

• Changed type Quist ZhangModerator Monday, May 6, 2013 2:00 PM op claimed that the issue has been resolved
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:00 PM

All replies

• Did you restart Outlook after changing the macro security setting?

Eric Legault MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Outlook Appins: Store Social Media fields in your Outlook Contacts!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:11 PM
  • I fixed it by cutting all the macros then restarted Outlook and reinserted the macros.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:27 PM
  • What happens if you set it to "Notifications for all macros", and then restart?  You should get prompted to enable macros.

See also:

Troubleshooting Outlook VBA
    http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=68

Eric Legault MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Outlook Appins: Store Social Media fields in your Outlook Contacts!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:08 PM
  • I too have been experience this. Very frustrating. I have a a myriad a code used to manage my inbox and other things.

For a while I was stuck at all security disabled. I think I managed to remove all the code.

Now I can get OUtlook to start w/o error/alerting, but anytime I goto the IDE/Dev panel I get prompted to disable macros, no choice.

ONce in the IDE, any options I choose, result in OLK hard crashing. :(

I had code Digital Certificate for VBA projects signed under 2010 and upgrade apart of 2013 pilot at work.

even thought all the VBA sub components look to be installed I do not see any new certificate app.

Monday, April 29, 2013 9:29 PM
  • I faced with the same error in outlook 2007. Finally, I found that the AntiVirus Addin causes the error. so I disabled the Kaspersky Outlook Antivirus addin from registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\OutlookKLAvPlg.Addin by setting LoadBehavior value to 2.
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 8:52 AM
  • This could explain why deleting and pasting a module back in is a work around, as it does let you create and run a module the first time..

initially when i created a Module my settings were Notifications for digitally signed macros. (2nd option 2010). Outlook  seems to let you create and run a module in VB IDE the first time- however if you leave outlook (or outlook crashes)  and come back it says you can't run macros. However setting enable all macros.

File>Options>Trust Center>Trust Center setting...>Macro Settings and Enabled All Macros

You must exit and restart outlook. Your module works.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 4:23 AM