none
Converting Office to Images RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

Does anybody know how to convert an Office documents(word,excell) into images? I need vb.net or c# code, perhaps some open source or free library.

Please reply to mwysocki@gateway.co.uk

Thanks

Monday, April 4, 2011 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Kanalia,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It’s based on my experience we’re not able to convert Office documents into images directly without some kinds of 3<sup>rd</sup> plug-in. If you want to handle this only with VSTO, I would recommend you convert your document into PDF.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Monday, April 11, 2011 10:00 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Kanalia Monday, April 11, 2011 2:05 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 6:32 AM
  • Hello again,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. Could you please let me know if the suggestion works for you or not? If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance. Have a nice day.

Bessie Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 11, 2011 10:00 AM
  • I can convert it easily to PDF using third party libraries but my issue is that i want to convert the Office document to an image only as we do not want to rely on any third parties e.g. Adobe reader. Has anyone achieved this?
    Monday, April 11, 2011 2:08 PM