none
How to create folder in visual studio 2015 online to check-In code. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a solution that has been broken down to something like this

---Dependencies

---Solution 

---Cleanbat

I want to create git repository that hold these as one solution so when another user get a clone, get everything. Any help will be appreciated.

Ebenezer

Thursday, December 5, 2019 8:25 PM

Answers

• You can add the dependencies and CleanBat folders to the folder where you keep the solution which is under git source control.  You will see the folders and any files in them under changes which you can check in and send to the remote GIT repository.
    • Marked as answer by denkyira Friday, December 6, 2019 12:55 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:44 PM
  • Hi Ebenezer,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Thanks for reply of Ken Tucker.

According to your description, I have something to confirm with you. What’s your Visual Studio 2015 version? Community, Professional or Enterprise?

In addition, I suppose your meanings that you want to add some files to a solution and then create a git repository to share with others, right?

If so, I suggest you could have a try with the following methods:

#1. If you have a solution, you could add Dependencies or Cleanbat files to it: right-click the solution in Solution Explorer -> Add -> Existing Item… -> select the folders you want to add.

#2. If you don’t have a solution, I recommend you create a solution first.

#3. Then click Publish in the lower right corner ->click publish Git repo in Team Explorer. The screenshot on my side is as follows.

Hope all above will help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 6, 2019 8:32 AM

All replies

• You can add the dependencies and CleanBat folders to the folder where you keep the solution which is under git source control.  You will see the folders and any files in them under changes which you can check in and send to the remote GIT repository.
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:44 PM
  • Hi Ebenezer,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Thanks for reply of Ken Tucker.

According to your description, I have something to confirm with you. What’s your Visual Studio 2015 version? Community, Professional or Enterprise?

In addition, I suppose your meanings that you want to add some files to a solution and then create a git repository to share with others, right?

If so, I suggest you could have a try with the following methods:

#1. If you have a solution, you could add Dependencies or Cleanbat files to it: right-click the solution in Solution Explorer -> Add -> Existing Item… -> select the folders you want to add.

#2. If you don’t have a solution, I recommend you create a solution first.

#3. Then click Publish in the lower right corner ->click publish Git repo in Team Explorer. The screenshot on my side is as follows.

Hope all above will help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 6, 2019 8:32 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for Ken and your your response. I have got it working correctly.

Ebenezer

Friday, December 6, 2019 12:55 PM