none
How to write binary data from activex control RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure this question is appropriate for this forum because it involves a third-party ActiveX control. But I will be grateful for any help I can get. I'm trying to use an ActiveX scanner control to capture an image from a scanner and write it to either an Ole Object field in Access or an image field in SQL. The control includes a method to do this, WriteBinary, but the documentation is sparce, and I can't figure out how to get it to work.

The VB code example is simply this:
    scanner1.WriteBinary Recordset.Fields("pic")

I tried inserting the control onto a form bound to an Access table with an OleObject field, Pic, then executing the code
    scanner1.WriteBinary me.[Pic]
    but that didn't work.

I'm also somewhat familiar with DAO and ADO coding, but I can't figure out what construction would work with the WriteBinary method.

TIA for any suggestions,
    Mike

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 4:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mike,

I'm not sure about it. However I would recommend you use SQLServer instead of Access to see whether same problem exists. If it still exists. I think you need consult it on the specific place which provide you that control.

Best Regards,

T.X.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:11 AM
  • Thanks, TX. I was finally able to get support from the third-party provider. --Mike
    • Marked as answer by Mike Storms Monday, May 14, 2012 3:19 PM
    Monday, May 14, 2012 3:18 PM