none
.net 40 web app in MOSS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Getting the following error .....

The browser or gateway element with ID 'Safari1Plus' cannot be found.

I've deployed a VS2010 web app .net40 is the target framework, I've updated Sharepoints web app web.config and updated the .net version in IIS targeting 4.0.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:01 AM programming related (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 10:09 PM

Answers

• Although I'm afraid I've not come across that specific error I can offer some guidance on ASP.NET 4 and MOSS which seems relevant to this post.

Note that MOSS 2007 (and SharePoint 2010) for that matter do not support ASP.NET 4.0 due to the fact that it uses a new version of the CLR, unlike versions 2.0 -> 3.5.

However, It sounds like you are referring to a ASP.NET Web forms application targeting .NET 4 which from what I understand is a supported configuration.

If you have created a virtual directory underneath the SharePoint site, there should be no need to modify the SharePoint site's web.config. You will however need to ensure that the virtual directory uses a separate application pool to those used by SharePoint (i.e. ensure that the SharePoint site is NOT set to ASP.NET 4).

HTH.

Benjamin Athawes - Twitter: @benjaminathawes - Blog: http://mossblogger.blogspot.com - Email: mail at bathawes.com
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 11:08 PM

All replies

• Although I'm afraid I've not come across that specific error I can offer some guidance on ASP.NET 4 and MOSS which seems relevant to this post.

Note that MOSS 2007 (and SharePoint 2010) for that matter do not support ASP.NET 4.0 due to the fact that it uses a new version of the CLR, unlike versions 2.0 -> 3.5.

However, It sounds like you are referring to a ASP.NET Web forms application targeting .NET 4 which from what I understand is a supported configuration.

If you have created a virtual directory underneath the SharePoint site, there should be no need to modify the SharePoint site's web.config. You will however need to ensure that the virtual directory uses a separate application pool to those used by SharePoint (i.e. ensure that the SharePoint site is NOT set to ASP.NET 4).

HTH.

Benjamin Athawes - Twitter: @benjaminathawes - Blog: http://mossblogger.blogspot.com - Email: mail at bathawes.com
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 11:08 PM
  • Thanks, I got this to work with just a couple of lines to the web.config and removing the browser definition file from the app_browsers dir.
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 1:36 PM
  • I'm encountering the same issue.  Hindle_az, can you post what exactly you put into the web.config?  Thanks
    Friday, July 2, 2010 5:07 PM