none
How to get sum of calculated column in SharePoint list without duplicate rows values RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have SharePoint 2013 list like as below and we need to sum of column value and here we don't need to calculate duplicate rows.

How to remove duplicate rows when calculate the sum of mark. We don't want the duplicate rows values. 

By default it was calculating the sum is 90. but if we remove the duplicate rows then the sum is 60

Title     Class        Sub     Mark

ABC       1            Mat      10 

ABC       2            Eng       20

ABC      1              Mat      10  (duplicate rows)

XYX       2              eng      30

ABC      2               Eng      20  (duplicate rows

If we have multiple duplicate rows don't calculate the those value it should calculate the only one value.

Friday, September 6, 2019 4:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Suresh,

In a SharePoint list, it's hard to determine if an item is duplicate.  As a workaround, you could create a column called "IsDuplicate"(Yes/No) in the list to mark if an item is duplicate. Then we could create a view grouped by this "IsDuplicate" filed. Like below:

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, September 6, 2019 7:07 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Thank you for your replay, How to remove duplicate row values from sum. the sum is 90 but it is included with duplicate rows, I don't want like this, The sum should be display the 60 without duplicate rows

is it possible in OOB ?

Friday, September 6, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Hi Suresh,

Create a new view and apply filter on the new column "IsDuplicate". If you do not want to show the "IsDuplicate" field, you could hide it.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, September 6, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Hi,

I think one will not work for my requirement. We want to show the all values and in Sum part skip the duplicate row value. 

How to find it is duplicate row or not in duplicate column(yes/No) ?

How to compare the 3 column values in OOB or any script.

Friday, September 6, 2019 9:14 AM
  • Hi Suresh,

As far as I know, In SharePoint, it's impossible to compare the 3 column values in a list. And in my workaround, you need to enter the value in column duplicate manually.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Friday, September 6, 2019 9:21 AM
  • Thank you for you replay.

Is there any option to fix the this issue, because already we have data in production. Now the count is calculating the duplicate marks also. So we want to remove the duplicate marks from count. 

Let me know if you have any idea about this requirement .

Thanks again..!

Friday, September 6, 2019 10:30 AM
  • Hi, Suresh,

You could export the list to excel. In the excel, you could remove these duplicate rows.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:44 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything to update? 

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps. 

Have a nice day!

Best Regards, 

Michael Han 

Friday, September 13, 2019 8:18 AM