none
Can I host my add-in's manifest on a web server? RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a task pane Office Add-in (fka app for Office). This will be deployed at large companies with a global reach, where creating a single network share to host the add-in's manifest file is not feasible.  The add-in won't be public either, so using the Office Store is not appropriate.  Theoretically, these large companies won't have or want to have Sharepoint servers.  However it is certain that they will have web servers running that are accessible by the entire user base.

I have read the documentation here and seen this related forum post, but everything seems to say that my choices are: 1) Office Store, 2) network share, or 3) Sharepoint server. Has anyone used a plain vanilla web server?

Shaun Logan - Oracle

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 7:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Shaun Logan,

>>I have read the documentation here and seen this related forum post, but everything seems to say that my choices are: 1) Office Store, 2) network share, or 3) Sharepoint server. Has anyone used a plain vanilla web server?<<

The apps for Office doesn't support to publish the menifest to web server. If there is no SharePoint server, to make it works for all company we can publish it to the a share folder.

If you want to apps for Office to support publishing the menifest to web server, you can submit the feedback from link below:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:55 AM

All replies