none
Update SharePoint list by clicking a link RRS feed

• Question

• I am wondering if there is a way to update (write to) a SharePoint list by clicking on a link.  Currently, I have a list with a workflow that sends an email when an item is created.  What I want to do is add a link in that email, something like "Click here when this has been completed".  When the person clicks on that link, i want the list to be somehow updated to indicate the link has been clicked (so i can tell which have been completed and which have not).  I want to make it as simple as possible - just 1 click on a link if possible (i dont want the link to point to a webpage where they have to interact with).  Is it possible to update a list directly by 1 click on a link? 
    Friday, April 1, 2016 3:49 PM

Answers

• When the email is being sent to the user , you should add an item with unique ID with that user's id. And create a page with script editor web part or content editor web part with javascript code to check the status(completed or not) and check the item unique ID (you can append it in the link query string), if so then add item to the desired list then redirect the user to page contains success message or homepage.

• Marked as answer by kiddna Friday, April 1, 2016 7:51 PM
    Friday, April 1, 2016 4:31 PM

All replies

• When the email is being sent to the user , you should add an item with unique ID with that user's id. And create a page with script editor web part or content editor web part with javascript code to check the status(completed or not) and check the item unique ID (you can append it in the link query string), if so then add item to the desired list then redirect the user to page contains success message or homepage.

• Marked as answer by kiddna Friday, April 1, 2016 7:51 PM
    Friday, April 1, 2016 4:31 PM
    • Edited by ViviSP Friday, April 1, 2016 6:53 PM
    Friday, April 1, 2016 6:53 PM
  • Unfortunately this wont work for me, as we are currently running SP2010 and our 2013 environment is O365, both of which it says wont work with this.  Otherwise this would have been great.  Thanks anyway :)
    Friday, April 1, 2016 7:48 PM
  • Thank you
    Friday, April 1, 2016 7:51 PM