none
Refresh Trusted Security Token Services Metadata feed job - failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

As part of troubleshooting a 2013 workflow, I came a cross the Refresh Trusted Security Token Services Metadata feed. job on a SharePoint 2013 farm that keeps failing.  Please see screenshot.  Whether it runs as scheduled or I run it manually, it fails. 

My 2013 workflows are working now but the job is failing.  Has anyone come across this and has any idea why this is happening?

Thank you,

Rumi

• Edited by Rumi's Point Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:49 PM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Rumi,

To troubleshoot the issue, check things below:

1. Disable and enable “Refresh Trusted Security Token Services Metadata feed” timer job.

2. Run sharepoint 2013 products configuration wizard.

3. Check the detailed error message about the issue in the ULS log.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Rumi,

To troubleshoot the issue, check things below:

1. Disable and enable “Refresh Trusted Security Token Services Metadata feed” timer job.

2. Run sharepoint 2013 products configuration wizard.

3. Check the detailed error message about the issue in the ULS log.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:53 AM
  • Thank you, Sara.

Disabling did not have any effect on this issue.  I also ran Config Wizard and that did not solve it either.  However, ULS logs did indicate that the error below which points to a system to which SharePoint connects.  And, the remote system refuses connection.  We should be good and I will mark your reply as answer.

Below is the error from ULS:

An error occurred while downloading and parsing the json metadata document.  Exception: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.1.2.3:443   

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)   

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)     -

-- End of inner exception stack trace ---   

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)   

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address)   

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSecurityTokenServiceJsonMetadataClient.DownloadMetadata(Uri metadataEndpointUri)

Thank you,

Rumi

Friday, September 13, 2019 1:46 PM