none
word starting to store documents to desktop WHEN save setting is Documents folder. RRS feed

• Question

• is this happening to anyone else?    windows deciding to OVERRIDE save location set in word?

What I did.

1.  First checked in word if SAVE options had been changed.  WAS not showing a change, still showed the folder C:/...../Documents
    2.  Made sure I was NOT saving all these doc's to "desktop" using SAVE AS    with location desktop.
    3.  I am running Win 10 Pro for workstations.   current ver # 1903   OS build 18362.356    
    4.  Word ver. 1908 (build 11929.20300 Click-to-Run) that came with Microsoft Office Pro 2016
    5.  Did install Feature and Quality updates on 9/12/19 
    1. Updates on 9/12/19  Security Update for Adobe Flash Player: September 10, 2019,
    2.  September 10, 2019-KB4514359 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903,
    3.  September 10, 2019—KB4515384 (OS Build 18362.356)

This happened after the updates.    No changes in any hardware. ONLY BIG DIFFERENCE I NOTICED WAS A NEW AS in never seen before window popping up, that seems to want to save the word doc to "OneDrive" I HAVE to select the correct location to save the file. Most times I want to save in same location got file from, usually the documents folder in my laptop's Documents "Folder" in laptops C drive.  Yes a few times want to save on "Desktop" a very few. Second most used save location is one of my external drives (flash drive) that was storing the file in the first place, and where i want to save the modified file back at that location.

I cannot figure out anything more I can do, can anyone?

I hope I gave enough info, and NOT too much.  I tried hard to use those limits.

Mark J

Mark J

Friday, September 13, 2019 9:08 PM