none
sharepoint designer restarts after loading data view web part RRS feed

• Question

• i have a document library with default list view "allitems.aspx". every time when i try to open in advanced mode this view in sharepoint designer. my sharepoint designer is restarts. in event viewer i receive error

Faulting application SPDESIGN.EXE, version 14.0.7159.5000, time stamp 0x55ea7c73, faulting module MSVCR90.dll, version 9.0.30729.4148, time stamp 0x4a594e3d, exception code 0xc0000417, fault offset 0x00000000000552c0, process id 0xdb4, application start time 0x01d59a53bdf3b4fb.

how resolve my problem?

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:13 PM

All replies

• Have you tried to reinstall it? :)

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Learn Microsoft 365 from Microsoft DOCs now!
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:38 AM
  • Hi gogi1000,

Whether this issue occurred when you open only a specific document library, or all the libraries and lists?

Try to clear the SharePoint Designer cache and check again.

If the issue exits, repair SharePoint Designer in the Control Panel->Programs and Features->Microsoft SharePoint Designer->click “Change” button and repair it.

And you can install the latest update for SharePoint Designer and check the result.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:24 AM
  • the problem just occurres when i open default view "allitems.aspx". when i open the others views of document library i don't have the problems. in web browser, this view works ok. i tested this view, i removed 2 field of type numbers and the view works. 
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:59 AM
  • Hi gogi1000,

What's the "2 field of type numbers"?

Do you mean you removed 2 field of type numbers and the view works, but SharePoint Designer restarts when you edit view in it?

If so, how did you remove it, please provide more information so that I can try to reproduce your issue.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:38 AM
  • when 2 fields of type 'number' in view and when i edit this view in advanced mode in sharepoint designer, the sharepoint designer restarts. when i remove 2 fields of type 'number' from view i can edit this view in sharepoint designer.
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:01 AM
  • Hi gogi1000,

How did you add the number columns? 

Try to remove the problem columns and create two new number columns in list view UI and check again.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Monday, November 18, 2019 9:08 AM
  • You can download the page, then check the html in notepad.

It will be OK after delete error html dom.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    Linyu - SharePoint Engineer
    QQ Group: 72637444

Monday, November 18, 2019 9:35 AM
  • i removed the problem columns and create two new columns but the problem is same
    Monday, November 18, 2019 11:27 AM
  • Hi gogi1000,

Is there any correlation or customization for the columns in the list?

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:24 AM
  • those two fields receive values from the item updated revent receiver which i programmed them.
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:45 AM
  • Hi gogi1000,

If you remove the item updated event receiver, does this view work as expected?

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:38 AM