none
Insert a carriage return in a MERGEFIELD RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following in a Word 2016 document -
    { MERGEFIELD Relationship_to_Johnson_Extended_Family \b "Your relationship to me: "}

<Thank you Paul :) Sorry I didn't include this point previously.>

This results in -

1. When the field is blank -

I have attached, to this email, a few pages drawn from the PDF of a book Overall Down Under, which

2. When the field has contents -

I have attached, to this email, a few pages drawn from the PDF of a book Overall Down Under, which

How do I include a paragraph mark in the MERGEFIELD statement, so that the resulting document snippet would be

Your relationship to me: My Fourth Cousin

With thanks in anticipation

Philip, Bendigo

Philip Hunt Flora Hill, Bendigo, Victoria Webmaster www.howandwhywonderbooks.info (Phase 1 operative)

Saturday, April 20, 2019 2:11 AM

Answers

• I sorted it.  To my great surprise all I had to do was enter a paragraph mark within the quotes immediately before the Y in Your.

Philip Hunt Flora Hill, Bendigo, Victoria Webmaster www.howandwhywonderbooks.info (Phase 1 operative)

Saturday, April 20, 2019 2:22 AM
  • Depending on your requirements, you could use:

{ MERGEFIELD Relationship_to_Johnson_Extended_Family \b "¶
    Your relationship to me: "}

or:

{ MERGEFIELD Relationship_to_Johnson_Extended_Family \b "Your relationship to me: " \f "¶
    "}

where the ¶ is a real paragraph break or line break.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Saturday, April 20, 2019 3:43 AM

All replies

• I sorted it.  To my great surprise all I had to do was enter a paragraph mark within the quotes immediately before the Y in Your.

Saturday, April 20, 2019 2:22 AM
  • Depending on your requirements, you could use:

{ MERGEFIELD Relationship_to_Johnson_Extended_Family \b "¶
    Your relationship to me: "}

or:

{ MERGEFIELD Relationship_to_Johnson_Extended_Family \b "Your relationship to me: " \f "¶
    "}

where the ¶ is a real paragraph break or line break.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Saturday, April 20, 2019 3:43 AM