none
Resource leveling reset after status update publish RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there - 

I use MS project to schedule and assign tasks, and i also use it to level my resources. When a resource updates on their task, i use PWA to approve then publish this update. However, once i publish, all the leveling are cleared.

Any suggestions on whether this behaviour is expected and how to maintain the resource leveling?

Thanks

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I haven't been able to replicate this; publishing an update should not impact the levelling of a resource, because the start date is scheduled due to the levelling delay, which should not change.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:01 AM
  • Hi Ben, Thanks for the reply, Can you try updating a task in a date different than the scheduled date? I think this scenario brings it closer to my case. Thanks again
    Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Hi, I already did that, both performing some work earlier, and some later.  In every case the other tasks did not move.  Please note of course that if you have dependencies driving the start dates of tasks, then changing the predecessors via task updates might of course reschedule those.  In my testing each task was independent, ie no predecessors, they were scheduled by levelling only.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:58 AM