missing services RRS feed

• Question

• Sharepoint 2010 Foundation on SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard

So I'm looking at my "Site Web Analytics reports" and I notice that I haven't had any stats since 10/05/2011.  I have a little look around and I can't see the service added anywhere, so I go to "Manage Service Applications", and go to select a new one to add analytics in, but the only new service listed is "Business Data Connectivity Service".  Where on earth have all the other services gone to?

TIA

Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Alex ,

what kind of sharepoint version you have  installed ??

SharePoint Foundation 2010:

Service Applications

• Application Discovery and Load Balancer Service Application
    • Business Data Connectivity Service Application
    • Security Token Service Application

SharePoint Foundation 2010 with Search Server 2010 (Express)

• SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Service Applications
    • Search Service Application
    • Secure Store Service
    • Web Analytics Service Application

If it is sharepoint foundation 2010 with out search server 2010 , then you won't find web analytics service listed in service applications.

• Regards , Riaz.
Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:53 PM

All replies

• hmmm, a quick look reveals that on 10/05/2011 when the stats stopped working I had also installed Hotfix for SharePoint Foundation 2010 (KB2266423).  I guess this is too much of a coincidence ... ?
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:18 PM
  • Hi Alex ,

what kind of sharepoint version you have  installed ??

SharePoint Foundation 2010:

Service Applications

• Application Discovery and Load Balancer Service Application
    • Business Data Connectivity Service Application
    • Security Token Service Application

SharePoint Foundation 2010 with Search Server 2010 (Express)

• SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Service Applications
    • Search Service Application
    • Secure Store Service
    • Web Analytics Service Application

If it is sharepoint foundation 2010 with out search server 2010 , then you won't find web analytics service listed in service applications.

• Regards , Riaz.
Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:53 PM
  • hmm, that is probably the answer to where my services are, especially as i can see them on a test server I have running which I did recently slap search server express on to see what happened. however, I can't understand why in foundation I can see web analytics reports up to May the 10th? I mean the reports that give number of page views, unique visitors, referrers etc. Is that something completely different that doesn't need the service? I have managed to kick things off again now, so I'm getting stats. I think I did a manual "run now" on the logging service and the numbers appeared, plus last night I noticed it automatically ran because I now have stats for yesterday. So it just seemed like I had a blockage of some sort.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 11:35 AM