none
Unable to publish Infopath 2013 to Sharepoint 2010 all of a sudden RRS feed

• Question

• I have been updating this InfoPath form to the same SharePoint list for the past 3-4 years. Now when I click on publish the window pops up and shows connecting to SharePoint but it sits there for 3-4 minutes or so then times out. I am able to publish to another list on the same site successfully.

Without publishing I am unable to update rules for specific users rendering it useless for those new users.

Can someone please help???  Let me know if there is anyway to troubleshoot publishing issue so I can try to figure this out.

Friday, August 23, 2019 8:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is there any error when you publish the InfoPath form? You can check the event viewer or ULS logs for any possible detailed error message for this issue.

You can also modify data connection values via Central Administration > General Application Settings > Configure InfoPath Services. Increase the values under Data Connection Timeouts and Data Connection Response Size to see the result.

Here are some posts with similar issue for your reference.

SharePoint 2013 - Infopath form time out.

Resolve Exceptions That Occur With Existing InfoPath Form In SharePoint 2010.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, August 26, 2019 3:21 AM
  • No error just time out. I have never had to increase the time out response in CA - I can try it but not sure it will matter in this case.  It seems a little odd because if I open the InfoPath form and republish without changes it times out too. This form/list has been used for the past 3-4 years or so without issues. It does give me the message when I first open InfoPath that columns were changed in SharePoint but I accept. This is fairly typical and recall this occurring most of the time I publish this specific form to the same list.

I may need to look at every form field and check in sharepoint to make sure they match.

I will take a look at the other links too.

Monday, August 26, 2019 4:15 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that the changes in SharePoint list columns have led to this issue.

Just to add up, you can also create a new InfoPath form and publish to see the result.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:03 AM
  • I agree - it seems the site owner who manages the group may have done something unintentionally.  We manage SharePoint, custom forms and workflows but still allow them full control of the site which is a little risky but for the most part hasn't been an issue because they know their boundaries.

So are you saying I can create another InfoPath form on the same list without disrupting the current form and process in place?

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:00 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the misleading. I assume you can create a new InfoPath with no rules to see if the same issue will occur when you click publish. 

Once you publish another form to the same list, the original form will not be available again. Apparently, this method doesn’t suit your scenario.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:09 AM
  • Hi,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Monday, September 2, 2019 7:50 AM