none
How to include multiple attachment control's in single info-path form RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am using SharePoint online with info-path form 2013. for one sharepoint list form i would like to include multiple attachment control's. please suggest a possible solution.

Friday, April 17, 2015 9:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Venkat,

Per my knowledge, when we edit the list form in InfoPath, the attachment control cannot be accessed.

And  InfoPath form templates of types (compatibility) "SharePoint List Form" and "Workflow Form" are by Microsoft design (or under-mis-design) locked, non-modifiable and do not permit client custom code (from InfoPath Designer in VSTA, Visual Studio for Applications).

So we cannot add more attachment control in InfoPath form for SharePoint list.

As a workaround, I recommend to use Multiple line of text field to store the attachments instead.

Best regards,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 20, 2015 8:55 AM
  • Hi Venkat,

Use Repeating Table control to attach multiple attachment to the form.

You may also visit the below link which is a similar requirement.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/5c114417-d9e3-40ac-988d-792fc080a327/adding-multiple-attachments-to-infopath-form-for-sharepoint-online?forum=sharepointcustomization

Regards,

Amit

Monday, April 20, 2015 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Venkat,

Per my knowledge, when we edit the list form in InfoPath, the attachment control cannot be accessed.

And  InfoPath form templates of types (compatibility) "SharePoint List Form" and "Workflow Form" are by Microsoft design (or under-mis-design) locked, non-modifiable and do not permit client custom code (from InfoPath Designer in VSTA, Visual Studio for Applications).

So we cannot add more attachment control in InfoPath form for SharePoint list.

As a workaround, I recommend to use Multiple line of text field to store the attachments instead.

Best regards,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 20, 2015 8:55 AM
  • Hi Venkat,

Use Repeating Table control to attach multiple attachment to the form.

You may also visit the below link which is a similar requirement.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/5c114417-d9e3-40ac-988d-792fc080a327/adding-multiple-attachments-to-infopath-form-for-sharepoint-online?forum=sharepointcustomization

Regards,

Amit

Monday, April 20, 2015 1:37 PM