none
Developing Provider Hosted apps in SharePoint Foundation 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am wondering if anyone can help me clear up a question I have...

I have a Provider Hosted app that can be published to Microsoft Azure and works perfectly within SharePoint Online.  I now have a need to use the same app on a SharePoint 2013 Foundation installation on premises, ideally linking up to Microsoft Azure for the running of the app's web element.

I am aware that the two versions of SharePoint are different, however I am struggling to find a definitive answer as to if this is possible and if so, how I can get the app to work with a Foundation on-premise setup (i.e. set the App for an on-premise setup of SharePoint and not a SharePoint Online setup)...

If anyone can help or has experienced this before your feedback and thoughts would be extremely welcomed and helpful.

Many Thanks

Thursday, October 22, 2015 11:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your response... I have sought other advise around this and my thoughts have been confirmed that my scenario / app will not be available in Foundation.  I am advised that this is due to not having the User Profile Service in SharePoint 2013 Foundation so therefore the user cannot be authenticated correctly and therefore for an on-premises deployment this would require the Server or Enterprise edition of SharePoint...

Cheers

Friday, October 23, 2015 3:02 PM

All replies