none
Repeating Tables not present in Infopath RRS feed

• Question

• I want to add a repeating table to an existing form on Sharepoint.

When I edit it in Infopath, I don't see the option to add a "repeating" table, just a table.

Based on my research, it seems that I can only have that if I first create the form in Infopath using a Sharepoint Form.

Am I overlooking something? And if not, is there a way I can add something like this to my existing form?

• Edited by rizingfenix Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:33 PM
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:33 PM

Answers

• Hi rizingfenix,

For your first question, when we create a new form in InfoPath, we can save it in the local computer folder. Then we are also able to publish it to a Form Library of a site/subsite. In this scenario,  we can create forms in the form library using the form template which is created and published in InfoPath.

For your second question, to use the default form which is generated when we create a new list, we can go to list settings->Form settings->select “use the default SharePoint form” and optionally select the checkbox “Delete the InfoPath Form from the server”.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, September 1, 2017 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi rizingfenix,

Whether you want to edit the SharePoint List new form in InfoPath 2010 but repeating table is not shown in the Control?

When we design a SharePoint Form Library/ Blank Form, we can add the repeating table to the form, but for SharePoint List new form, there is no repeating table control by default.

To create repeating fields and add repeating section in the form, I suggest you selecting SharePoint List template and design form, then select the list form you want to modify, finally select the checkbox “Manage multiple list items with this form”.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by ViviSP Thursday, August 31, 2017 5:38 PM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 2:21 AM
  • Thanks for the information, Grace.

I'm a bit of a novice at this, so I need a little clarification please.

I've never created a form in InfoPath and put it on SharePoint. I've always created a list in SharePoint and customized it in InfoPath. Now I understand why the repeating feature wasn't showing.

So creating it in InfoPath is great, but:

1. Where exactly do I save the newly created form on the site I'm working with? Is it sites/subsite? Or is there some deeper directory that I need to save it in within the subsite?
    2. And is there a way I can make use of the forms I'm already working with (that were first created in SharePoint) and not have to recreate them?

Thanks.

Thursday, August 31, 2017 3:02 PM
  • Hi rizingfenix,

For your first question, when we create a new form in InfoPath, we can save it in the local computer folder. Then we are also able to publish it to a Form Library of a site/subsite. In this scenario,  we can create forms in the form library using the form template which is created and published in InfoPath.

For your second question, to use the default form which is generated when we create a new list, we can go to list settings->Form settings->select “use the default SharePoint form” and optionally select the checkbox “Delete the InfoPath Form from the server”.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Friday, September 1, 2017 9:27 AM