Infopath & Sharepoint Document Librarys RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I've got some problems with a Sharepoint document library and an Infopath form. I try to bind a DropDown-element at the names of the documents in this library. But I don't get the names from the Sharepoint server. Is there any possibility to get the names of the documents and bind them to the Infopath form? For example with C#-Code or webservice call?

With kindly regards,

Jens Milbredt

Friday, May 16, 2008 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think I know what you're trying to achieve but am not completely certain.

If you have an InfoPath form and you want a drop down list in the form that contains a list of all the document names in a certain SharePoint document library, you can do the follow:

- Add a new data connection to the InfoPath form
    - Set the data connection to receive data from a SharePoint list or library
    - Enter the url of the document library that you want the list of names from
    - You will then see a list of columns that you can choose from for this data source (Title will probably be your best bet)
    - Set this to retrieve data when the form is opened & do not store a copy of the data in the form
    - Next step is to go to the properties of your dropdown, choose lookup values from an external data source
    - Select the name of the data source that you created
    - Choose the field you wish to have for the name and value details of the dropdown listbox

Nicky
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 10:37 AM