none
SharePoint Designer 2007 Errors

    Question

  •  I have been using SharePoint Designer for many weeks now with no problems. Then yesterday I use it to modify a page in our WSS 3.0 site and when I go to save it, it says "Server Error: The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current web." Also, when I try to add something new by going to File > New > SharePoint Content ,it gives this error: "The operation failed because an unexpected error occurred. Result Code: 0x8107058a" Anyone have a clue what's going on here?

    I've tried the following:
    1) Uninstalled and reinstalled Designer.
    2) Installed fresh on a different PC.
    3) Tried to open a freshly created web.

    Nothing seems to work.
    Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:13 PM

All replies

  •  

    I'm getting the same thing. I can create a new document, but cannot save it after editing.
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 11:17 AM
  •  

    I solved it on my PC at least - ePolicy Orchestrator was regarding Sharepoint Designer as a threat, so I had to put it into the exemptions list. After that it started working.

     

    Easy way to test - can you save a document from SPD, to the website, with the extension .aspex, and then rename it to .aspx.

    Friday, February 22, 2008 10:23 AM
  • You should pay attention to your security tool: SPD *is* a threat, to your time and sanity. Better response might have been to uninstall it.

    I got the "The URL 'filename' is invalid ..." error today trying to save changes to an existing .aspx file. So it seemed safe to assume there was something other than a bad URL involved. Turns out there was a problem in the page content itself (an invalid tag in a web control). Fixing the tag allowed me to save, but the error message was one of the worst, most misdirecting diagnostics I've seen in a long time.

    p
    Friday, April 18, 2008 2:47 PM
  • Thankyou Pete!!

    I was getting this error on a layout I had been editing.  Even pasting the markup into a new layout would not work.

    It seems that the EMPTY <ZoneTemplate></ZoneTemplate> tags were missing from a WebPartZone.  Adding these back in let me save the page again!!

    SPD really is a bug-infested POS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 2:12 PM