none
Radio Buttons Converted to DropDown in Infopath 2010 Designer RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to customize Sharepoint list forms using Infopath 2010. In Sharepoint list i have created a column of type Choice and selected Radio Buttons for type of selection. When i have added this column to the Infopath designer , the infopath has converted this column to dropdown instead of Radio buttons. It should show radio buttons in infopath desinger also. Did anyone had this issue earlier ?

I also converted the dropdown to radio button but its not showing the options correctly.

Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Monday, July 11, 2011 3:59 PM

Answers

• From InfoPath, delete the drop down (do not delete the field itself) and leave the cursor in the cell.
    Under the list of fields on the right side, click Show Advanced View. Now, if you highlight a field, a drop down arrow shows next to it.
    Select your options field and from the drop down arrow, select Option Button. You will be prompted for the number of choices. When you specify it and hit OK, the buttons are inserted in the cell without tags. Write your choices next to them and then click each button and set its control properties (Data: value when selected).
    AK

• Marked as answer by Satish3 Friday, July 15, 2011 1:53 PM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:54 AM

All replies

• You need to edit the radio display tags and the "value when selected" in each button's control properties. The values (choices) will be attached to the field, but InfoPath renders them as drop down (a guess that you may have too many).
    AK
    Monday, July 11, 2011 4:21 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

But i don't see multiple Radio Buttons on the designer. Below are the steps to reprove this issue. 

1) Created a Sharepoint column of type "Choice" and select "Radio Button" for single value selection 

2) Entered some values in the choice field

3) Added the column then clicked on the icon in list settings to open the list form in Infopath 2010 Designer

4) Now i see the dropdown control (Actually here there should be radio buttons)

Thanks

Monday, July 11, 2011 6:53 PM
  • From InfoPath, delete the drop down (do not delete the field itself) and leave the cursor in the cell.
    Under the list of fields on the right side, click Show Advanced View. Now, if you highlight a field, a drop down arrow shows next to it.
    Select your options field and from the drop down arrow, select Option Button. You will be prompted for the number of choices. When you specify it and hit OK, the buttons are inserted in the cell without tags. Write your choices next to them and then click each button and set its control properties (Data: value when selected).
    AK

• Marked as answer by Satish3 Friday, July 15, 2011 1:53 PM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:54 AM
  • Thank you very much this solved my issue (same as the Original Poster)

+1

Friday, July 17, 2015 3:05 PM