none
Populating a Textbox based on Combobox value RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a report card with dropdown menus and to save money on translations I would like certain comments to auto populate text boxes so that all teachers will use the same language.  For example, for the curriculum description, I'd like the teacher to select "Pre-K" if their student was in pre-school and then have the textbox populate with the description I write of the curriculum.  

The goal is to make it easy for teachers and translators alike.

I tried using the code in an early forum, but I'm having trouble assigning it to the objects.  I have a feeling that I'm trying to do step 20 before learning how to do steps 1-19, but I don't have the knowledge needed to even find steps 1-19.  

If anyone understands what I'm trying to do, please help!

Thank you!

Saturday, August 4, 2018 3:07 PM

All replies

• How much text are you trying to insert from such a selection?

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Sunday, August 5, 2018 7:06 AM
  • Hello Lizzibella,

I did not see much description about Word from your post. The first thing I would confirm with you is that are you using Microsoft Word?

If so, are you developing an UserForm or just put the controls in the document directly?

Besides, what's your code? I think code will be much easy unless you are using Legacy Form controls in word document. What's your situation?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:11 AM