none
SharePoint Administration/ Management tools RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

We are looking to acquire an administration tools for our MOSS 2007 farm environment and found out there are quite few popular ones out there (AvePoint, Axceler, Idera, Quest, Bamboo etc). But I could not find a fair review of these products – pros and cons - which would help making our decision.

So I wanted to hear your personal experience with any of these and based on that what would you recommend (with a brief description why and why not - that would be great J)? Since we are already planning to migrate to SP 2010 - we would stick to a tool which has 2010 support as well.

Many thanks in advanced!

Friday, August 13, 2010 3:07 PM

All replies

• Do you have a list of features that you're interested in?  Requirements that you're trying to meet, etc? 

Wes

SharePoint Consultant | SharePoint MVP | My Blog | Minnesota SharePoint User Grop (MNSPUG)
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 9:21 PM
  • Hi Wes,

We are still at the initial stage and have not quite come up with what exactly we expect out of these tools. But this is for day to day administrator, monitoring and reporting purposes.

I'm really not very familiar with all the features avaiable with these tools out there - I'm getting myself accustomed with. I should be able to list my requirements then.

Thank you!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:47 PM
  • For SharePoint Reporting, Administration and Management needs, I would suggest Vyapin SharePoint Management suite out of the all other third party tools you stated. 
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:27 AM