none
How to intercept the event or action which happens when linked chart copied on Word is updated RRS feed

• Question

• I need to do some action, we a linked chart is updated on Excel and the same chart gets updated on Word.

How to identify this change/update. Or how to intercept the event or trigger.

Thanks in Advance.

Monday, July 23, 2018 12:59 PM

All replies

• I need to do some action, we a linked chart is updated on Excel and the same chart gets updated on Word.

How to identify this change/update. Or how to intercept the event or trigger.

Thanks in Advance.

Monday, July 23, 2018 12:59 PM
  • Hello Ganesh Panchal,

As far as I know, Word object model does not support such event.

Since you don't want the chart refresh with original data. Why not pasting a normal chart rather that a linked chart?

While you want to past the chart, right click and in the paste options, select first or second option.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:39 AM
  • As far as I know, this is not possible. Word has no event that triggers when a link updates.

Perhaps the most reliable way would be to initiate the action from the Excel side. Updating in Excel could write a value somewhere, for example, and Word could check for that value when the document is opened, or saved or printed?

Cindy Meister, Office Developer/Word MVP, <a href="http://blogs.msmvps.com/wordmeister"> my blog</a>

Monday, July 30, 2018 4:36 PM