sharepoint 2013 cannot create site collection RRS feed

• Question

• when trying to create a new site collection in CA

getting error: 

UserProfileApplicationNotAvailableException_Logging :: UserProfileApplicationProxy.GetRawPartitionID has null proxy

Not sure why it needs the userprofileapp when create site collection? Just patched with Oct 2017 CU. I had root site collection created before so this might be patch related??

Also tried this: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sharepointrecipes/2015/06/17/sharepoint-unable-to-create-any-site-collection/ still does not work, the virtual directory looks ok..

This farm is sandbox I did not have UPA provisioned as it does not need it... tried to provision an UPA still not working... then deleted the UPA created

TIA!

wc

• Edited by wc3000 Monday, November 6, 2017 2:18 PM
    Monday, November 6, 2017 2:13 PM

Answers

• Thx the powershell create site collection did work... I guess just do ps until they come up with the fix then... hopefully nothing else will be broken.

wc

• Marked as answer by wc3000 Wednesday, November 8, 2017 4:12 PM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 4:11 PM

All replies

• did you ran the PSconfig wizard after installation of OCt 2017 CU? 

Try to reset IIS on the server.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -Waqas Sarwar(MVP) Blog: http://krossfarm.com

Monday, November 6, 2017 3:03 PM
  • Yes and yes, even reboot the machine while troubleshooting...

wc

Monday, November 6, 2017 5:14 PM
  • Hi wc3000,

This error usually occurred in couple of ways. You should check following things.

1. Make sure user profile services is running on the server. You can check it from central admin>manage services on server> make user profile service is running
    2. Stop and Start the User profile service from Central Admin.
    3. Try to reset IIS on the server.

If the issue still exists, please collect detailed ULS log. SharePoint 2013 collect detailed ULS log steps:

1. On the SharePoint server, Open SharePoint 2013 Management Shell as administrator.
    2. Enable SharePoint verboseex log: Set-SPLogLevel  -TraceSeverity verboseex
    3. Create a new file log: New-SPLogFile
    4. Reproduce the problem, record the time, url and the account name you used.
    5. Create a new log file: New-SPLogFile
    6. Get the log location: Get-SPDiagnosticConfig | select LogLocation
    7. Sort log files in descending order of time, the second suffix named log file are the log file we need.
    8. Make the log level to default: Clear-SPLogLevel

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 2:37 AM
  • I'm getting the same issue, after upgrading OCt 2017 CU.

My build is 15.0.4971.1001

Here's the logs:

Application error when access /_admin/createsite.aspx, Error=UserProfileApplicationNotAvailableException_Logging :: UserProfileApplicationProxy.GetRawPartitionID has null proxy  
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.UserProfileApplicationProxy.GetRawPartitionID(SPServiceContext serviceContext)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileLoader..ctor(SPServiceContext serviceContext, Boolean IgnoreUserPrivacy)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileLoader.GetProfileLoader(SPServiceContext serviceContext, Boolean IgnoreUserPrivacy)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.TemplatePicker.RegisterWebTemplateClientScript()    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.TemplatePicker.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)    
     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Getting Error Message for Exception System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileApplicationNotAvailableException: UserProfileApplicationNotAvailableException_Logging :: UserProfileApplicationProxy.GetRawPartitionID has null proxy    
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.UserProfileApplicationProxy.GetRawPartitionID(SPServiceContext serviceContext)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileLoader..ctor(SPServiceContext serviceContext, Boolean IgnoreUserPrivacy)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileLoader.GetProfileLoader(SPServiceContext serviceContext, Boolean IgnoreUserPrivacy)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.TemplatePicker.RegisterWebTemplateClientScript()    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.TemplatePicker.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)    
     at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()    
     at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 4:55 PM
  • Thx... good to know... need to remind myself about how flimsy those CUs are from time to time I guess...

wc

• Edited by wc3000 Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:58 PM
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:53 PM
  • Well all these not applicable... seems other user having the same issue after Oct CU so pls fix...

wc

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:54 PM
  • Pls check the below

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/142138/sharepoint-2013-user-profile-service-application-error

http://blog.houratious.com/2015/08/sharepoint-2013-error-while-accessing.html

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:47 PM
  • Hi All

I am also having the same issue. Earlier I was able to create the site collection and now after oct cumulative update 2017 I am getting this same error.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:02 AM
  • Can you give more detais about that answer?

"Verify permissions on mysite service application for the account used to change the URL.

Re enable the service connection to the webapplication."

We don't use "my sites", where do I check this?

Thanks

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 10:34 AM
  • I ran into this yesterday. Oct patch appears to be the common link. 

The problem happened after creating the Web App for the My Site Host, could not create a Site Collection in order to create the UPSA. Chicken and Egg.

Finally created the Site Collection in PowerShell after deleting the first content database on the web app that contained an orphaned root site collection. Once the new Site Collection was created for the My Site Host web app I could create the User Profile Service Application. Then the CreateSite page started working.

Does seem like a bug in the Oct CU.

Matthew McDermott, MVP SharePoint

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 1:29 PM
  • Looks like issue with SharePoint 2013 foundations only...https://thesharepointfarm.com/2017/10/october-2017-cu-site-creation-error-sharepoint-foundation-2013/

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -Waqas Sarwar(MVP) Blog: http://krossfarm.com

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 4:08 PM
  • Thx the powershell create site collection did work... I guess just do ps until they come up with the fix then... hopefully nothing else will be broken.

wc

• Marked as answer by wc3000 Wednesday, November 8, 2017 4:12 PM
  • no I have the server... so not just foundation.

wc

• Is there any idea on when a fix will be provided?
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 5:37 PM
  • Can you give more details about that fix?

I'll have to create a collection in powershell? Is that it?

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:20 PM
  • Please help me. I have the same issue I think but how I can determinate if my SharePoint have October 2017 CU installed???

Sebastian.

Thursday, November 30, 2017 11:11 AM
  • check your build #: 15.0.4971.1001

wc

Thursday, November 30, 2017 12:59 PM
  • I'm still getting this error. Any ideas?

Thanks

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 12:00 PM
  • Hi.

My build is 15.0.4893.1000

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 12:26 PM