none
where location files of sharepoint app? RRS feed

• Question

• when I deploy my sharepoint 2013 app (sharepoint hosted), the files in my app like js, css, aspx pages where will be stored somewhere on folder windows?
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:59 AM

Answers

• js files are stored in the app web's Scripts folder. If you look at the folders of your app solution they basically mirror folders in the app web. So the app web has folders for Scripts, Content, Pages and Images. No resources are stored on the file system like _layouts/images or _layouts. 

Blog |SharePoint Field Notes Dev Tool | SPFastDeploy

Friday, July 19, 2013 3:15 AM

All replies

• I believe all the artifacts and files which you deploy will get stored into the database not the file system.

MCTS, MCPD Sharepoint 2010. My Blog- http://www.sharepoint-journey.com
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful

Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:29 AM
  • These files get stored in the app web that is created when you install your app.  The app web is created as a sub-web off of the host web (SharePoint web site you are installing the app to).  Internally where SharePoint stores these files is a different thing, but I don't believe that was your question.

Mike Morton - Sr. Program Manager - Visual Studio

Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:04 PM
  • js files are stored in the app web's Scripts folder. If you look at the folders of your app solution they basically mirror folders in the app web. So the app web has folders for Scripts, Content, Pages and Images. No resources are stored on the file system like _layouts/images or _layouts. 

Blog |SharePoint Field Notes Dev Tool | SPFastDeploy

Friday, July 19, 2013 3:15 AM