none
Outlook email User Defined Property attribute not shown in quick search. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have developed the Outlook Com AddIn application. In that by using the library Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook,

We added the UserDefinedProperties i.e custom attribute to the email MailItem.

Scenario 1: When we see the particular email which having the custom attribute in the Inbox it seems properly.

Scenario 2: If we apply search or filter criteria to search same email and in the filtered list of email that email doesn't show the userdefinedproperty i.e custom attribute.

Is there any specific condition we need to handle to show the same custom attribute in case of quick search also or outlook has some limitations that it does't shows the custom attribute in search criteria?

Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:29 AM

All replies

• What code do you use for checking the user property value?

The UserDefinedProperties collection contains only the definitions of user-defined properties, which are applicable to all Outlook items contained by the folder. To retrieve or change user-defined property values for an Outlook item in that folder, use the UserProperties property of the Outlook item, such as a MailItem object, to retrieve the UserProperties collection for that item. You can then use the UserProperty object for the appropriate user-defined property to retrieve or change the value of that user-defined property for the Outlook item.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:56 AM