none
Add a new visual web part to left navigation menu, but it doesn't show RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm new to SharePoint development.

Today, I try to add a new visual web part in our SharePoint project by visual studio 2012, and add it to left navigation menu as a link.

I was able to add a new visual web part successfully in my sharepoint project, build it and deploy it.

but when I check my left navigation menu, it doesn't show there.

Do I miss any steps?

Please help.

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to show the visual web part in page, please edit the page and  click "Add a Web Part", then find and add the custom visual web part to the page.

The following article for your reference.

3 Simple Steps to Create a Visual Web Part in SharePoint

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Best Regards,
    Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:30 AM