none
The SharePoint server was moved to a different location. (0x8004fd12) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Every Body,

I having this issue,

Please tell me how to solve this bug if you has fix it!

The start address sts4://srv-twd-03/contentdbid={b41b9aef-9f54-4d34-b60e-b365f5ac1a30} cannot be crawled.

Context: Application 'Serve_search_queries_over_help_content', Catalog 'Search'

Details:
    The SharePoint server was moved to a different location.   (0x8004fd12)

And i can't search anythink content of my web application!

Very thank for your time!

Monday, November 6, 2017 4:02 PM

All replies

• Here you go

https://jerryyasir.wordpress.com/2012/10/06/sharepoint-2013the-start-address-sps3intranet-contoso-com-cannot-be-crawled/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/4ee83236-9866-4212-9a5e-fff1c9ecc3d6/sharepoint-2010-the-start-address-cannot-be-crawled?forum=sharepointadminprevious

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Monday, November 6, 2017 7:35 PM
  • Dear Lakshmanan SeThu

Thank for your reply, but my issue through on sharepoint foundation search and i view your solution and find in share point foundation it is not same, please help me other solution from you

Very thanks you

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 4:23 PM
  • Hi Manh Tran Van,  

Did you move the sharepoint server? How did you get the error?

To troubleshoot the issue, check things below:

1.  Check the session state of the site in IIS. Set session state mode to In process and Cookie Mode to “Use Cookies” like the picture below.

2. Check if windows authentication is enabled in the web application like the picture below.

3. Reset the index in search service application.

For more detailed information, refer to the article below.

‘Crawl fails with "The SharePoint server was moved to a different location"’.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/yashgoel-msft/2012/03/14/crawl-fails-with-the-sharepoint-server-was-moved-to-a-different-location/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 9, 2017 7:03 AM
  • Hi Manh Tran Van, 

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 12:56 AM
  • Dear Sara Fan,

I apologize for my slow response, I have followed the instructions but to the present my fault has not been resolved please, can help me a solution other than this problem
    I have posted more attachments describing my error message in the project.
    Currently all call to search server functions do not return results because search server can not scan data to create index!

Thanks very much for your time!

Friday, August 17, 2018 4:44 AM